Saturday, June 20, 2009

Sick is bad

I woke up yesterday with a sore throat. Not too bad, so I took some medicine and tried to forget about it, although it kept getting worse as the day wore on. I was NOT very happy, since I had the ACT to retake the next morning from where it had been rescheduled (due to a power outage at the college). However everything would have been okay-- I went to bed at 10:00, feeling more drained than ever, but ALSO my nose started to run. My ears tend to plug up when I am sick and I spent about two hours listening to the sound of my heartbeat echo in my eardrum. Also my mouth kept filling with saliva which made it very difficult to swallow with a sore throat, and my ears feeling like they would burst every time I swallowed, too. NOT FUN. At all. I don't recommend getting sick the day before a test when you are already tired and worried about it.

So I still planned to go to the ACT when I woke up, but I was feeling so rotten my Mom basically suggested skipping it and setting up another test date. That makes it twice I've been ready to take the test but haven't gotten the chance to do so. So I slept in instead, for a good four hours more than I would have done otherwise, I feel a little better, but still rotten, and VBS is coming up next week too. I'd better not get sick for that, since I am working there.

Oh by the way, at least our train mural is done. I can't wait to see it up on the stage. I painted four hours worth of it Thursday, alone, while listening to Newsboys and Caedman's Call.

No comments: